Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Back to Blogging


It is so hard to know where to begin with this post but I suppose saying hello is a good start! I hope everyone has been well and happy and that 2023 is fruitful for you in all areas of your life - including reading.

As for me, 2023 has been a mixed bag. I absolutely love my job. I am now the acquisitions librarian for my library and am responsible for selecting and purchasing all print and digital items for our four branch system. It would not be an overstatement to say that this has been my dream job for a while and I am thrilled to be doing it for the library I've been employed at for nearly 19 years now.

Other areas of my life have not been as satisfactory, but I suppose that is how it goes sometimes. One of the areas that has not been great this year is my reading life - which is especially frustrating as I now look at books all day and see so many great ones! But do I actually want to read them? Not so much. I've read a few gems this year, but most everything else has been mediocre. Most of my reading has been for the three book clubs I am in - yes, three - and though I sometimes grumble about the deadlines and the obligation, if it wasn't for the book clubs I wouldn't have read much at all lately.

So you might be wondering why I am starting a new book blog... Well, I am hoping that blogging again will get me reading again and I do so miss this community. I follow some of you on social media but it isn't anything like reading your words and discussions about books you've read and loved, or hated as the case may be.

And I switched to Blogger because I honestly can't keep up with the changes over at Wordpress and have no inclination to try! I can barely figure out how to post something over there anymore and Blogger seems much simpler and intuitive. 

I hope you will visit me as I try to bring the enchantment back into my reading. I will be visiting all of you. See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. It's so great to see you back and looking so well Anbolyn. I can understand that if books are your work then book blogging might seem a bit like a busman's holiday. Congratulations on your dream job though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It IS a bit of a busman's holiday! Had not thought of it that way, but it does feel that way sometimes. But I'm hoping to adjust that feeling as the months go by.

      Delete
  2. Hello again! Your current job sounds amazing and like the perfect thing for you. However and whenever you post, it's so nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire! I hope to be posting a lot more frequently than I have for years - I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. I am always happy to see a blog return. I do enjoy reading other people's chat about books! Your job sounds absolutely wonderful. Welcome back, and I will be happy to read whenever and whatever you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it is good to be here! I also love reading book chat and have really missed it.

      Delete
  4. It's good to have you back, Anbolyn! Congratulations on getting your dream job and I hope the joy comes back to your reading soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can already feel it returning.

      Delete
  5. Anbolyn so happy to see you again! Charlene R. here in NM living the big life in a small town. And congratulations on the dream job! You’ve persevered and it’s paid off. Finally. *sigh of relief*. I’m still following you and will get an account soon. Old dog/new tricks thing. Please keep posting as I’m in a rut without you.

    Demon Copperhead anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlene! I am so happy to see you here. How is life in NM?

      I did read Demon Copperhead - not for me!

      Delete
  6. So nice to see you again, Anbolyn. Your job sounds like a dream - well done! Hopefully your reading will fall into place , too, and a return to blogging sounds like a good place to start. Blogger is still much the same and still the easiest for me... hope it works for you, too. I've started rereading some old favorites this summer and it's made me pretty happy. I also really loved Tom Lake by Ann Patchett. Look forward to seeing where this new blog and your reading takes you.

    ReplyDelete

Changing Back!

 I've decided to move back to my old blog A Certain Fondness. Join me there again.